Contractor building site insurance cover
A property development is a very busy place, filled with valuable equipment and people, so finding the right contractor building site insurance is essential. Whether the contractors building site insurance is for a residential new build, a conversion or refurbishment, finding comprehensive cover is an important decision.
Development sites come in all shapes and sizes with perhaps just one unit or through to large estates of residential properties. Even a secure, well managed construction site can be vulnerable to theft, flood, fire or accidents. Whilst such events will always be a distressing diversion, having the right insurance can help solve the problem.
Contractor building site insurance can include cover for:
- Ccontractors all risk for new builds
- Protection for existing buildings
- Fire and flood
- Public and employers liability
- and so on.
Public liability and employers cover will often come as standard as is designed to cover you, your employees and any visiting third parties for injury, property damage and the cost of subsequent legal action.
A building site represents a huge amount of hard work and investment so finding the right insurance cover is crucial for all professionals.
What to consider with contractors building site insurance
Building site insurance standards can vary and so important to check any possible exclusions or limits to your cover. Key elements to consider include:
- Check the product features carefully such as the level of public liability and employers liability
- What level of cover is there for materials, hired-in or owned plant?
- Is there an optional legal expenses cover?
- Will you have prompt and easily accessible support in the event of an issue?
- Who is underwriting the policy?
- Are personal possession covered?
It is very likely that a well-managed development project will finish without incident but having contractors building site insurance is an essential precaution for any professional site management.
So be sure to protect your professional reputation buy having contractor building site insurance in place.